How many organs would you sell to be witness to Dorinda drunkenly and publicly reaming out Tom D’Agostino?
1. PR relief. I will get into how I don’t like the way Bethenny is twisting the situation in Puerto Rico on the show in the lows, but let’s B real. She’s doing great work down there and clearly focused her inhuman need to succeed in business to a great cause. Those scenes (especially with Dorinda) were very touching and I can’t hate on the real impact she’s having.
2. Sniper from the side. Pay attention to Ramona in all of her scenes. She’s coasting through this season without any enemies but she is stirring the pot constantly. This entire Carole/Bethenny feud is being pushed forward every time she brings up the tension or clues Carole into how much Bethenny is shitting on her. Credit where credit is due, Singer. Bonus points for correcting Luann on the common 360°/180° error.
3. Serenades. Luann is another typically controversial wife that has been coasting along fairly under the radar (although her arrest does approacheth). Even when she’s mostly on the sidelines, I’d give anything to have Lu clutch my chin and seductively sing me a happy birthday before kissing me. Her outrage over Tinsley’s yelling at dinner was shades of Clip all over again where the countess reared her head and stormed off out of embarrassment. Reminder: Luann drunkenly punched Tom in the face in the middle of a restaurant. That’s our Countess.
4. End of an era. The demise of Carole and Bethenny’s friendship is top-tier viewing. Housewives is never more gripping, more impactful than when you’re watching a real friendship erode. I have very strong opinions on how the fallout is happening which you will read below but this dissolution is the driving force of this already outstanding season. Shades of Jill/Bethenny season 3, the peak of reality television. Take it in folks, it’s happening again.
5. Temperance. Jot me down as loving this murder mystery party in advance only having heard the characters. Why is this not employed more often? The only other MM party I can think of off the top of my head was in Melbourne. Next week is going to be some must-see tv.
1. Bull shit and bad friends. Buckle up because this is going to be a long one.
What Bethenny is doing to Carole is absolutely hideous for a so-called friend. While Carole is obviously capable of being a catty mean girl in her own right (you should know B, you teamed up on Jules) she has been nothing but a solid friend to B. Of course she’s a beta – not every person on earth needs to be a domineering loudmouth constantly talking shit. The balance between those types tends to make for a much better friendship. Still, actually having the gall to verbalize that about Carole was so incredibly insulting. I take it some people think Carole is being too petty with her blogs and social media, but she’s been taking Bethenny at her word on screen and it’s got to be tough to see the real conversations and scathing talking heads.
Bethenny doesn’t give two shits about Sonja Morgan’s feelings and ostracization. She was the reason (although I doubt Dorinda needed much persuasion) she was left out of the OG Berkshires. The hypocrisy would be crazy if she actually believed anything she was spouting off, but she doesn’t. This is just a way to tear down Tinsley and by association, Carole.
Now about the Puerto Rico bullshit. I’m not surprised that Bethenny is using it to hold herself above her current feud. She did the same thing with Ramona last season about her success in business. B knows she doesn’t have many positive attributes so she clings to the few she does and makes them her identity. The shit-talking about Adam was clearly just a backhanded way to make a jab at Carole without any of them aware to defend themselves. It’s pretty rich hearing some 50 odd millionaire guffawing at the working poor (in NYC anyway) needing compensation even for charity work. I guess all those non-profit organizations just work solely off of volunteer efforts? Then she’s spinning the falling out solely on Carole not having an interest in Puerto Rico. Carole, the only person who cared about the election and the general state of the world at any point on this show.
Ramona may have inserted the word “puppet” herself but she wasn’t wrong. That Bethenny talking head where she thought she was so cute and funny is her at her most unlikeable. This is a clearcut fit of jealousy that she’s handling terribly. For someone who claims that Carole is needy with her friends, she’s doing a piss poor job of not making the reverse very obvious. The comments about her lack of kids or career being an issue were as low as she could go.
This season is going to be B’s downfall with the audience just like Jill Zarin in season 3. She’s already losing ground and it doesn’t seem she’s going to turn things around anytime soon.