Beverly Hills has returned once more. This episode is super Kyle-lite as she’s off in Croatia so it must be a good one, right?
1. Dorit & PK: Bless these two buffoons for deciding they would learn NOTHING from their first season. Of course that coke party accusation wasn’t dead and buried between them and Rinna. Kudos to them just going all out trying to gain Teddi and her man as allies. They’re predictably totally unable to read a room and the fact that Teddi isn’t sold on their side of things. Can’t wait for the drama we get when this makes it back to Rinna in approximately eight episodes.
2. Dorit’s accent: Go back and watch the scene of Dorit with her gauche Hermes plate settings. Congrats btw, you’re officially the Beverly Hills Kim Zolciak, who you may have forgotten had some hideous Versace plate settings circa season four. Anyway, her ridiculous accent was on full display here. Listen to her enunciate “ASAP” and then when she tells PK she “has to cook now” she goes full British. Dorit’s accent is enough screen presence for me to justify her casting. Also they probably focused in on that receipt so tightly so they could return the plates after filming even if it got misplaced.
1. LVP’s old tricks: Did anyone have flashbacks to season five when LVP made Rinna stand up and give a speech at Dorit’s birthday dinner? It reminded me of her making Brandi grovel and sing in front of everyone at some event by the olive tree while Brandi went along with it, mortified. Coincidentally, season five is when I started disliking LVP. She also dismissed Rinna in front of Teddi when she (hilariously desperately) said she loves church, too. Note that LVP said she “supports her church” when Teddi asked if she was religious. I think it’s a safe assumption that this means she sacrifices a few SUR waiters every season to keep the cult of LVP afloat.
2. Horses: Wow Teddi, thanks for clarifying you don’t own the horse you ride because it is too expensive. I personally affix Cartier love bracelets as horse shoes weekly so you have a lot of catching up to do. Okay seriously though, I really don’t see the appeal of horses as animals and I have bad blood with a girl who kept her 30 year old horse as a pet, but this still was one of the most boring equestrian scenes ever on housewives, primarily since it was devoid of any Kelly Killoren Bensimon.
3. Daddy issues: Really hoping Erika’s storyline this season isn’t all about her dad because I can never really get into those absentee parent arcs. I get she’s trying to flesh out the “ice queen” as a character but I don’t consider it good television. Also negative points for bringing Brian Moylan to my screen. Putting it politely, I am not a fan.