The first hour of this season’s reunion the housewives tackle their solo material and many off-air personal developments.
7. Tamra: Oof. Not really any way for Tamra to come off well with this whole Sydney debacle. She copped to posting the picture of them at her graduation against her wishes and her only defense was her impulsiveness. It’s a Tamra trait we know and love but it won’t come off well with the audience, let alone her own daughter. It might be hard to hide your heartbreak on your reality show, but you kind of made it your whole storyline so maybe don’t do that?
6. Lydia: Briefly went at it with Shannon for her retweet of someone calling her a homophobe but it didn’t land. Got utterly dunked on by Meghan. Just because your bridesmaid is a lesbian doesn’t mean you can’t be a homophobe, Lydia!! And even if you’re not – everyone still agreed you’re a wet blanket. Never say the word “balls” again.
5. Peggy: Addressed only to talk about her inability to comprehend English colloquialisms. She clarified that she does actually get them but doesn’t understand why Santa would bring her coal since that is used on barbecues.
4. Vicki: She slid by in this first hour of the reunion with only having to talk about her relationship with Steve (good job dodging the Brooks probe), her health, and Briana’s as well. She seemed a bit extra mellow so I think she popped another Xanax like during the post-Brooks reunion. Her apology after the Beador split news was broken was a great little way make it about her.
3. Meghan: Unsurprisingly, no segments about Meghan in part one. She still made the most of her airtime by calling out Lydia for being problematic about the drag queens and not letting her off the hook. Meghan is always at her best when she’s nailing someone down, and she was the only person to mix things up this week.
2. Kelly: Our first divorcee in the ranking. Kelly came off very well this first hour, talking about the complexities of her divorce and her new friendship with Shannon. She continues her renewal streak, as we truly do see a new side of Kelly.
1. Shannon: Give this season’s queen her crown. She even showed up 25lbs slimmer to run her victory lap. Shannon did everything right from the start: she owned up to being erratic and apologized for taking out her relationship angst on those around her, all the while garnering genuine sympathy. Lydia tried to get at her for that retweet but she had her bestie MKE waiting in the wings to swat her down. I’m excited to see her build on this momentum as the reunion hopefully starts tackling inter-wife conflicts.